National Account Manager – House of Anansi Press and Groundwood Books
House of Anansi Press and Groundwood Books is one of the largest independent publishing companies in Canada, and we are looking for a dynamic, organized, and experienced National Account Manager!
The National Account Manager is a full-time permanent position in the sales department. The successful candidate will work across both Anansi and Groundwood imprints and report to the Sales Director. This position requires a close working relationship with all internal departments, including the marketing, editorial, and production departments, as well as with our field sales reps in Canada and in the U.S. The National Account Manager is responsible for a diverse portfolio of accounts.
• Manage relationships with key house accounts including national retailers, school and library wholesalers, ebook vendors, and special sales accounts.
• Pursue new account openings, including contract negotiation for ebook vendors.
• Produce and analyze sales reporting to monitor account performance and identify growth opportunities.
• Work closely with the marketing and publicity departments to produce advertisements, marketing plans, and other materials as required by accounts.
• Liaise with the warehouse and customer service team to manage orders and stock inquiries.
• Attend and assist in organizing events such as author launches, conferences, and public events like Word on the Street and the Toronto Comic Arts Festival.
• A minimum of three years experience in a sales, marketing, or account management role, preferably within the publishing industry.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented and organized with strong analytical skills.
• Strong initiative, ability to set priorities and juggle multiple projects under pressure.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A valid driver’s licence is an asset.
• Note: Some activities take place on weekends and outside of typical business hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a great work environment and excellent benefits program.
Interested applicants are asked to complete the web form and upload their cover letter and resumé here: https://bit.ly/2Mbl4Un
All applications are due by August 22, 2018. No phone calls please. We would like to thank all those who apply, but only those under consideration will be contacted.